Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's 'not' wrong with Sri - A reminiscience

"No! I'm not in love. Neither have I a crush on anyone! Please! I'm not going mad either. Very much sane " That's what I told Mom yesterday when she asked me what the matter was, after noticing that I'm smiling to myself quite often since the time I came home from Mysore.

Why was I all happy and smiling? I was just reminiscing our college days and those good times spent with friends. We were there in college just last year. Four years flew by and we didn't realise. I wished we had one more semester!

I have got a bunch of super-cool friends. We were a group of six girls always seen in a cluster. We were called the gang of girls (GoG). Outside this group too I had a few close friends.

Different sets of my friends : GoG of course, a close friend in a different college  with whom I shared all that is going on in my life; a blogger friend who, until he started blogging, I did not know much about other than that that he was a nerd; a witty and genius friend who is very quick with brilliant answers; a live-wire friend who is on a high all the time; a quotation group - sharing thought provoking quotes; and a Nat Geo/Discovery/History friend with whom I talked about the programmes on those channels with just about twenty minutes to go before the semester exam paper started! (have almost lost contact with him now...)

College days are the best days of a person's life. Bisi-bele-bath from our college canteen, a view of the Indian Air Force Base from my classroom and the Dorniers hovering over our campus made it even more special for me.

*****

This particular incident was hilarious. College reopens for our eighth semester. Our lecturer asks a guy in class if he met with his project guide. He says he did. She says " I am your guide". !!

*****

Current Song :
Kitni der tak from the movie Delhi Heights

7 comments:

  1. lol...the guide story is quite funny! btw i can see that someone has been writing quite a bit...nice!

    I can also see that you seem to have left Infy..planning to study further?

    Keep writing!

    Cheers
    Ritesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. and btw...according to me Delhi Heights is probably the most awesome & under appreciated album i have ever heard...Rabbi is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ritesh,

    First of all, thanks to you for the suggestion that I start blogging :) I don't think I would have written if not for that.

    Now that I have time to do lot of interesting things, I'm making best use of it and writing too. Lot of thoughts in pipeline, to be put up here...

    And, yeah quit Infy. Got an admit from Northeastern University, Boston for MS in Telecom Networks. They've offered scholarship too :) Can't stop bragging about that, he he. Joining this fall. Infy was a nice place.

    As you said, Rabbi Shergill is brilliant. And I totally love the track 'tere bin sanu sohnia' from the same movie.

    Regards
    Sri D J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats DJ...well done...Scholarships and all...impressed :D

    For me each and every track from that album is super!

    Cheers
    Ritesh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly Sri, congrats on your feat of "Smiling all the Time" :) So, it ain't something going 'wrong'about you-You are getting 'right' :)

    And,also I see that the deception cast by me had worked well even on you :P
    Glad that we know each other a lot better now :)

    About your blogging skills- Sure you are doing well now. But,I am certain that there's a lot of deep content which is yet to hit the readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Maverick! Let's see if it hits hard enough! And, yeah it took time to know that you were a multifaceted personality and a nice friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...