Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First fine for traffic rule violation

I was about to reach the Honda service station to take my Activa back when it struck me that I had forgotten to carry my helmet. This had never happened before. I never ride without a helmet. Then I thought "Big deal. Home is just four Km from here... just ride this time..."

I could not believe what happened next. The traffic police appeared at a junction from nowhere and caught me! I have been riding on this this road for five years and there was never a cop at this junction. Yesterday, I paid my first fine, of Rs.100 for not wearing helmet :(  My perfect driving record no more remained so :(

Anyway, what was amazing was - Bangalore traffic police use a Simputer ( Hand-held simple computer) to record traffic rule violator's name, license number and vehicle number to their database. And, details are sent to the wireless printer that another cop manages few feet away so as not to cause bottleneck at the junction. You pay the fine there and collect your receipt. Way to go Bangalore traffic police!

 ***
Does it happen to you that you make a slight mistake once in a blue moon  and get properly reprimanded for that? It always happens with me! Talk about luck!

******
Current song:
Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses

Talk to me softly
There's something in your eyes...

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...