Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Joy of problem solving :-)

We were facing some problems with our modem since a few days. It would work fine for a few minutes and suddenly disconnect, leaving my brother fuming since his downloads got aborted. Unlike me, he lives 'online'. He approached the BSNL technicians to get this problem solved. They declared that the modem must be replaced.

Modem was replaced today. But the problem persisted. My little brother screamed "do something. I want internet!". The the young engineer at home (who is seldom taken seriously) got to work. Yeah, that's me.

The glitch was in the cable. Wrong wires in contact. Then my bro said "that was it! so simple " Problems look miniscule only after being solved.

It'd been quite some time since I really solved a problem. I'm elated :) The solution did not involve rocket science. But, what a joy is it to make something work!

PostScript:
There was nothing wrong with our old modem!

***
Quote of the day:
Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.
- Benjamin Disraeli

*****
Current Song:
Cannot Turn Back The Years by Phil Collins

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...