Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2017

The Clarinet guy

I was strolling in the resplendent Charles river esplanade on a nice Fall evening five years ago when I heard a guy passionately playing his guitar. Crimson skies provided pleasant backdrop to the sounds of strings emanating by the river. I stopped and heard him play that evening till the sun went down and walked back home happy.


Two weeks ago on a Fall Monday morning, while rushing to work, the melodic music of a clarinet caught me at the train station at Harvard Square. Could I not spare a few minutes to experience the beautiful music? I could have, but decided to board the train which arrived in a few seconds. Doors closed. I regretted not stopping behind. You have to move on, right?


Last Friday morning, I was fortunate to be at the same place where the clarinet guy was playing again! This time, I didn't think to get to work early. It was a simple choice to sit on the bench and listen to the charming music. Three trains went by. I let them go. I didn't feel the need to rush to be somewhere. This moment was nice. It was simple. Right there.

Then I walked up to the guy, paid compliments and went my way on the next train happy. His name was Milos Bjelica

Checkout his work here
http://milosbje0.wixsite.com/milosbjelica



PS: My better half who was on the phone with me all along from across the ocean joked "...so you are going to join him with another instrument..?"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...