Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

A beautiful journey

We had an early morning train to catch. Since I'm not much of a morning person, everyone at home was surprised that I got ready first. If I have to, I can get up at anytime. We reached the railway station well in time. It was raining and was pretty cold here in Bangalore.

The train started to move slowly. As we were moving away from the city, the rains gradually disappeared and the first rays of sun seemed to welcome us to the journey. I blissfully watched the sun come up. The mild sun-rays turned everything they touched into gold. Patches of the red soil neatly ploughed stood out from the green fields.

Cattle grazing in the open fields, huts and stacks of hay marked small villages. I wished I could sit on those hillocks and think of nothing for a while. Later, there was an awesome sight of an S-shaped pristine lake with tall trees along the shore.

That my best friend was also traveling in the same train was icing on the cake. But we had to text each other since we were in different coaches. She was to get off at Vellore station while I continued my journey to Chennai. I had been to Vellore three days ago with her for her admission at Vellore Institute of Technology, the place where you get the best lemon tea (both hot and iced) and chocolate brownies!

My first visit to Chennai was splendid because of the journey.

***
To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.
- Jane Austen

*****

Current song:
Heaven by Bryan Adams

3 comments:

  1. As i was reading this post, i felt as if i was not reading it, rather, you were narrating to me: in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brought back some old memories. I would like to share some of my personal activities during the train journey.
    Whenever I travel by train, I make sure that I am leaning out of the door for atleast 1 hr in the early morning, clicking pics during day and enjoying the evening by sitting at small station's bench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that, Maverick!
    @Varun : I would like to try leaning out of the door :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...