Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Feel-Good People

Dad worked at a different city while I was studying in the Pre-University. After returning home exhausted from my classes, calling Dad would re-energize me in almost no time. To the frightening entrance tests, the terrorizing college Principal who redefined irrationality, weird peers, or any crisis of a teenager, I could just say, “My dad’s with me”.


By the time I joined an engineering course, Dad returned to Bangalore. Whatever the problem; of any magnitude, would seem very much manageable after a small talk with Dad. He never tried to solve them for me, or gave directions toward a solution. We'd discuss about anything and everything that was not related to my cause-of-concern. Still, I could get through the tough situation successfully after our talk. He stands first in my small list of truly feel-good people.

My brother, Mom, few close friends back home figure in the list (not in that order). That’s the only thing I am missing here in a foreign country.

Nevertheless, I have found a couple of such people here. One of them is my madly-in-love roomie who is always lively; truly follows what her heart says; cares a damn when it is absolutely necessary to do so.

*****
We meet lot of people, become friends with them; have a long list of friends on Facebook; we may be very outgoing (I am not :-) ). But, I need a small clique of people that match my wavelength.

*****

Read this line in a newspaper a couple of days ago - Proximity with peers does not equal affinity. Loved it.

**

Current Song:

“Oh Shanti” from the Tamil movie Vaaranam Ayiram. This song is playing on the “Repeat 1 Song” mode on my player since I do not know how many days!

Yet to learn the meaning of the lyrics…

5 comments:

  1. "Feel-Good" is generally used in a superficial term, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anu,

    Nice to hear from you :)
    I think feel-good means making you feel happy and pleased about life. Not aware of its usage in a superficial term. I looked up the Oxford Dictionary, only the meaning above is given.
    Let me know if I can get a citation for this adjective's usage in a superficial term.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shri,
    I have been reading your blog for quite some time.
    I was referring to the way I have interpreted the meaning in the situations I have come across.Like people say"Nice talking to you" a little to often .I have to look up the meaning of citation.
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again ,Shri
    I found out that citation means
    A quoting of an authoritative source for substantiation.
    That I cannot provide.Sorry,I should have been more careful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey C'on! Why sorry n all? It's nice to discuss things with you, like always.
    You are right! People seem to say "nice talkin to you" quite often even if they do not mean it!

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...