Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

So, what's your Time of Life?

Some questions I have been asked and my answers to them
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: So, having a great time there?

A: I am outside India does not mean I am having a time of my life. In fact, if had stayed back home, I would have saved myself from tonnes of mental torture. But then, you only grow wiser and stronger with varied experiences. My best moments have been when I have talked to the people I admire; amidst nature, trying to capture a glimpse of the vast serene splendour on my humble camera; when the radio played a song I was just hummimg a moment ago, as if it were reading my mind. These were not necessarily outside India.

Q: Education there is easy, right?
A: Studying in the USA ( I am limiting myself to Electrical Department) is NOT a child's play. Unless you regularly put in effort and understand the concepts "down to the root" AND apply, you can be assured of lousy grades. When I have a bunch of Americans who have been instructed in way that their thought process to solve a problem spans 360 degrees and whose fundmentals are rock solid, as classmates, I sometimes feel scared that there is so much more that I need to equip myself with. I feel as if I am studying undergrad courses and persuing Masters parallely.

Q: You have all the freedom, no?
A: Who says I didn't have the freedom back home?? I really don't get their concept of freedom.


*
I'll come back with more Qs and As.

*****
Current Song:

Tum from the movie Na Tum Jaano Na Hum


"Tum Se Gila Nahin Mujhe Kismat Se Hai Gile
Karta Hai Aasman Kyon Yeh Dil Ke Faisle "

2 comments:

  1. Do 1. and 3. really surprise you if asked by your Indian acquaintances, Shri?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Anu. There is a difference in the tone they talk. When your friends ask you naturally those questions, it's perfectly fine.

    When some people ask me those questions as if I'm not doing anything other than fooling around / as if I'm escaping the issues back home, it's really annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...