Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Freaky

My best friend SK has a long commute from her workplace to home. During this time, if I'm free, sometimes we exchange SMSs till she reaches home. The following is one of those conversations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


me: Wassup? In bus?
SK: Nothing up. Yes in bus.


me: ok, I'm going shoppin here tmrw. Don't know what to get bro. Suggest somethin
SK: Got no clue. Get a sword or something.

Now I sense that something is wrong.

me: what happened to yr mood? somethin at office?
SK: Don't want to talk about it.

me: even I'm not all fine. Walkin back to my room, sulking :(
SK: Great, let's both sulk together.

me: a school friend is fuming at me for no fault of mine. she does not get it...

* * *
At this time another friend AS texts

AS: Hey.. spoke to SK?something is wrong with her man..really wrong..she's not chatting online properly and full day talking crazy things..dunno why.. me and RN are trying to ask..she's not saying anything..try asking her no?


* * *

SK: OK, life's like that. U'll get over it. I won't. I'll sink. I'll rot. I'll go to hell. I have no strength to carry on and life is coming to an end.

This is not something you hear from a strong person like SK. Now I'm worried. I call her. She cuts the call twice.

SK: can't talk
me:What happened? Ok, can I call after a while?
SK: Don't waste ur time. there are other things to do. Study well. Study on my behalf too. and have fun in life. Enjoy what u r doing. Realize the opportunity u've got. All the best for everything.

me: What's wrong with U? I'm not wasting time talking to my best friend. Why don't you talk to me?? We can sort out things only if u tell me somethin
SK: I don't have anything to tell. Life is empty. But just remember what I said. Enjoy what u'll be doing in few months and make yr life great. let me be an example. Of, what u shudn't do



me: SK, Don't sound so disappointed yaar. whatever the problem is, it'll look hopeless, impossible to get out of only for a while. Things will fall in place after somtime. things beyond your control, just let it be. nothing is more than life.
SK: Death is more than life

me: will u shut up? just shut up. what the hell is this? I'm coming tmrw to meet u.
SK: No u aren't coming. it's already too late, u can't change anything. just remember what I said. Remember. And always keep in touch with the rest of the gang. U'll never get friends like them. Nor will I get friends like u all. Anyway, have a great life. That's all I have to say. C ya. I mean goodbye.

me: Do u even know what u mean to me? to us all? pls tell me what happened?

I freak out. Sweating. Not tomorrow, I must leave now. The clock reads 7:15 pm. If I can get to the KSRTC bus stand at Mysore by 8 O'clock, I should reach Bangalore by 11:30. Should call dad and ask him to pick me up from the bus stop. I must call SK's sister...




* * *
I call AS, " something is terribly wrong. Don't know what. U guys must go over to her place right now"
"sure? so serious?" asks AS. "I'll forward the SMSs SK sent, read them" I mumble


* * *
As I'm forwarding the SMSs SK calls. One ring and I answer. Before I could say anything, she said "April Fool". I'm relieved that everything is all right. Next, I thrash both the monkeys on phone. What an easy target I am!

Nevertheless, they deserve an 'A' grade for this act. And, why don't I remember that certain dates are just not ordinary...

Yesterday was one fool's day I cannot forget till death, huh

7 comments:

  1. Ooohhh... Got me worried as well!!! Anyways, good one, but quite extreme....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were an easy target!! Should've done it early in the morning itself. was wondering what if we had gone to the extent of u coming to her place and then telling 'April Fool!!' then probably i wud be a hospital rite now with some broken bones!!! :-D DJ you surely made my day!!ROFL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm still ROFL. look, we didn't even plan to fool u, thr was someone else on the list. and then u hppnd to start the conversation. like a fly fallin in a spider web. y wud the spider sit quiet? (ok, i'm still a veggie). but yeah, agree with Adithi u shud have been the first on the list. so easy to freak u out. and maybe we cud have made u come here for the weekend. what u doin sittin thr. shopping it seems. u and shopping. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title should be PRANKS play a prank!!! More apt!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @maverick: Yeah, really extreme! look at them! monkeys!

    @Monkeys: yeah, Roll OTFL. i would have asked you guys to pay for my travel expenses:P
    Didn't even go out to shop. locked in room for three days with The Fountainhead. wondering why i didn't read it earlier...
    and i could not have used that title; it would give away the story anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah.....lmao..... sk rulz..... im gonna try dis out on ma frnz......bt damn april is a long way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, SK is a superstar! Just be carefull when u pull off a prank on someone. Don't extend to extreme levels :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...