Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Customer Delight

Yesterday, I went on a long ride on the pretext of fetching vegetables. Riding a bike on the streets of Bangalore Saturday morning is sheer joy. It had been a long time since I was home. I was just enjoying the ride.

On the way, I spotted a coconut vendor and I stopped by to treat myself to tender coconut water, my favorite drink. As I was not keeping well, it would be the ideal victual. I was dissatisfied since the shell had little water. I thought I’d buy another one later. Standing there savoring the coconut meat, I watched the vendor cut away the husk of a coconut and to my surprise, he offered that to me. He didn’t have to do that. It was not his fault that the shell had a small amount of water. By offering a customer an extra fruit, he was losing the price of one coconut.

I paid him for both the coconuts and returned home, amazed at the gesture. This is called Customer Delight.

2 comments:

  1. ooh... Lucky you...
    I've been left 'undelighted' in this regard... Not that I'm blaming the vendors,but they haven't been that nice to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup :) was lucky. Even I've been left 'un-delighted' sometimes due to the sloppy services of sales representatives of few shops...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...