Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A thing of past

Not too long ago I knew how to text on my cell phone. Thanks to inexpensive charges for messages, we would send out tons of messages to friends everyday during college.


I was introduced to the concept of messaging quite late compared to my peers. That was because I had a BSNL connection, which somehow disabled the option of texting, when I was gifted with a cool phone first time. Persistent complaints to the customer service never yielded any solution. So, I never sent out a text message until I was in third year of engineering when I switched to another service provider.


Funny forwards made us smile. All of us friends stayed connected 24X7 through texting each other. I would share practically each moment with my best friends. Be it complaining about weird people, unhappy incidents, sharing thought provoking quotations or 'cloud-nine' moments, my friends were just a text away.

On some rare days when there were no messages in my Inbox, I'd check if my phone is turned on or not!

Now in a foreign land, where texting costs more than I am willing to spend, texting has become a thing of past for me. Moreover, nobody here seems to use the texting service.

The other day, when I was noting down a sequence thoughts on my phone after a long time, I realized that I was finding it difficult to type!


PostScript
The only reason I stuck to BSNL for a long time was that it was a PSU. It was not worth doing so...

*****
Current thought:
Your first priority is your own self and you have no right to hurt yourself.

***

Current Song:
Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit

***

Quote of the post:
“Borrow trouble, if that’s your nature, but don’t lend it to your neighbours.”
- RUDYARD KIPLING

Borrowing trouble is so very me! When will I stop doing that! God!

2 comments:

  1. Nice thought, your then 'current thought' Sri..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was enlightened after torturing myself for quite a long time, Maverick :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...