Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Yardsticks


I have been trying out varieties of tea at various tearooms since the day I had this awesome lemon tea at the Vellore Institute of Technology last July. Unfortunately, no cup of tea has even come close to the tangy tea I’ve relished at VIT. Cafes in Bangalore and Boston, you really need to know what tea tastes like. 

I used to religiously watch the TV show Megastrucures on National Geographic Channel. After this, structures that most people marvel at do not impress me unless I learn the design and engineering, challenges faced during its construction, innovative solutions  behind the “good-looking” buildings.

People say you cannot always expect the best of everything; be satisfied with what you have. But I can’t seem to be. I cannot seem to appreciate anything that's not at least close to the object of reference that I hold close to me.

When I have experienced the best of something, or come across really awesome persons, I always consciously measure other things and people by their standards (and of course, mine). Very few leave a good impression which means I’m seldom delighted.


*
I cannot have enough of what I like and that's so little available! Huh...

***


I remember reading this quote long back "When everyone around you is happy, you are bound to be happy". I think Sir M Vishweshwaraiah said this. I was just thinking about it. What I feel is - when people around you are sad, it will definitely make you sad!

*****

Current  Song:
Do dil from the movie Pardes.
“Kahin kabhi lag jaaye dil toh
Kahin phir dil na lage”


5 comments:

  1. impressive !!
    although it can be percieved as being rude also.Everyone is best in one or other and noone has the right to judge anyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, Tanwi. It can easily be perceived as being rude. That's one reason why I never speak about things I do not appreciate lest I'd have to spend lot of time explaining my thoughts to those who cannot get it (and those who more often misinterpret my ideas!).

    Those that are aware of their best abilities and demonstrate it, are most welcome, for I'll be delighted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...waise i wanna commment one thing that u dont seem to be same quiet srilakshmi of Infosys !! its nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I cannot have enough of what I like and that's so little available!"
    There you go Sri, you've described the helplessness of yourself, plus a few more people in the same context of your post.Kudos:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Maverick! You are back online now! I just installed Ubuntu 10.10 Got some questions regarding that. Will mail you sometime.

    Tanwi, I'm still the same quiet person :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...