Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A little bit of 'me'

I was in love with the 1:18 Scale Mitsubishi Lancer Car Model that came free with our subscription to the Overdrive magazine. Few years ago, we had some guests invited over to dinner. A naughty kid in the guest-group, who was the apple of everyone's eyes, didn't take a moment to break my precious car. When I saw the car model broken into pieces, I was shattered. Worst part of it was, I could not even vent out my anger. I was supposed not to have reacted since I was in college and hence remain poised. I don't know what makes people think that you are all grown up and hence should be magnanimous just because you are in college.

The parents of the kid were least concerned about the incident and continued bragging about their child prodigy. Mom knew that I would break down any moment and took me away and consoled me.

Some time later the basketball I was fond of, was the kid's peremptory demand. My eyes dilated and I felt hollow to see my basketball being drubbed and taken away from me.

A couple of days back, I was studying at my favourite place in the library, enjoying the view of the evening-city from the fourth floor. It was a particularly nice day. Just when I thought I was going to study a challenging topic that evening, an acquaintance spilt by mistake a whole cup of hot chocolate over my Digital Communication text book. I was stupefied to see the book I loved drenched in the brown drink. I spent an hour cleaning the mess and couple of more crying over my misfortune. I have been fuming, with swollen eyes since then.

All my things have a little bit of me in them. I'm not so magnanimous to remain calm when I see them spoilt.

***
Thought for the post
Nothing that grieves us can be called little: by the eternal laws of proportion a child's loss of a doll and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same size.
- Mark Twain in Which Was the Dream?

*****
Current Song:
Break Even by The Script
"I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing..."

4 comments:

  1. Yea ..So true ! Its sad that others decide wats little important / more important for us :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Sri!
    "All my things have a little bit of me in them. I'm not so magnanimous to remain calm when I see them spoilt"
    I could use that very often ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With so many inconsiderate people around, that line comes in to use so often, Maverick :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...